Management Information Analyst
£38,434 per annum plus benefits
Canary Wharf, London (with some homeworking)
The Pensions Ombudsman (TPO) is an independent organisation set up by law to investigate complaints about pension administration. When someone has tried to resolve a problem with their pension and isn’t satisfied with the outcome, they can ask us to help. We also consider complaints about the actions and decisions of the Pension Protection Fund (PPF) and about some decisions made by the Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS).
Around 110 staff work here, along with around 240 volunteers, dealing with (on average) around 14,000 enquiries and around 5,000 pension complaints each year. A number of these complaints are resolved without the need for a full Ombudsman determination.
This is a new role within the Corporate Services Directorate, reporting to the Head of Corporate Services.
As Management Information Analyst you will be responsible for data analysis and production of high-quality management information reports and presentations for use at all levels from the Corporate Board down to team level. You will focus on the data that is most important to the effective running of the organisation – including casework, legal, and HR data - and provide critical support to senior decision-making forums, including the Operational Executive and Senior Leadership Team. A close, collaborative working relationship with senior staff in Casework will be key to the success of this new role. In addition, you will also work closely with the CMS System Administrator to address data casework quality issues.
- Produce and present MI reports to senior staff forums that facilitate effective analysis of performance issues and the identification of remedial action.
- Lead the development and presentation of TPO’s Balanced Scorecard to the Corporate Board in order to align key performance metrics and accurately track performance against these.
- Facilitate the identification and documentation of TPO’s MI reporting requirements and where appropriate identify additional needs.
- Maintain the integrity of the MI process with detailed review and data cleansing to ensure all data and reports are accurate, current, complete and consistent
Skills and experience
- Experience with MI data reporting tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, SSRS, and their capabilities; working with multiple data sets from across the business, spotting errors, with the ability to suggest system improvements to maintain data quality and integrity.
- The ability to understand and articulate key MI metrics, and interpret trends, anomalies, and how these might impact TPO going forward, together with delivering appropriate solutions.
- Ability to present management information in a simple, accessible format to audiences at all levels internally and externally.
- Experience in data analysis and the use of structured analytical techniques, with the ability to demonstrate data interpretation capabilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff across the organisation.
Rewards include a competitive salary plus a range of excellent benefits including:
- Membership of a well-defined benefit pension scheme.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays + 2½ privilege days
- Flexitime - we offer flexible working hours.
- The opportunity to work from home.
- Opportunities to develop your skills and career.
- An excellent working environment – great office and great facilities.
Closing date: 18 September 2020