Individuals, employers, trustees and pension scheme managers can ask us to look into a problem.

There are a lot of issues we can deal with, but also some things we can’t investigate. This section has information about complaints we can deal with and how to apply if you’d like us to investigate.

We aim to make our service accessible to everyone.  If you need help to contact us you can ask someone else for advice. Or you can ask them to deal with us on your behalf. This could be a friend, family member or an organisation like Citizens’ Advice.

If there are actions we could take to make your contact with us easier please tell us.  If possible we’ll make reasonable adjustments to meet your needs.

Complaint about your pension? Here’s how we can help

Personal and occupational pensions

Individuals can ask us to look into complaints about how pension schemes are run. In some situations employers, trustees and pension scheme managers can ask us to look into a problem.

Pension Protection Fund (PPF)

Individuals, employers, trustees and scheme managers can ask us to look at decisions made by the PPF Reconsideration Committee. We can also look at some complaints about how the Pension Protection Fund is run.

Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS)

Individuals, employers, trustees and scheme managers can appeal a decision made by the Scheme Manager under the Financial Assistance Scheme’s internal review procedure.

Make a complaint

First check the information in this section to see if your complaint is something we can deal with.  If so you can make a formal application by sending us an application form and any documents related to your complaint; if you are not ready to do this you can also approach us through our Early Resolution team.

Useful links and contacts

Find out who you can contact if your complaint isn’t something we can investigate.

Complaints about us

Find out how to complain about us if you are unhappy with our service.