We can help with your complaint
If you have a complaint or dispute about your pension, we can help to sort it out. There are some things we can’t investigate. Check to see if your complaint is something we can deal with.
If your complaint is not something we can deal with, check our useful links page for a list of other organisations that may be able to help.
The Money and Pensions Service Toggle accordion
The Money and Pensions Service was set up by the Government in 2019 and brings together the three financial guidance bodies listed below:
- The Money Advice Service offers free and impartial money advice:
- advice and guides to help improve your finances
- tools and calculators to help keep track and plan ahead
- support over the phone and online
- Telephone: 0800 138 7777 Typetalk: 18001 0800 915 4622
- The Pensions Advisory Service provides free, professional, independent and impartial advice about pensions.
- Telephone: 0800 011 3797
- Pension Wise offers free and impartial government guidance about your defined contribution pension options. You can book an appointment to discuss:
- your pension options
- which options might be suitable for you
- what you can do next.
- Telephone: 0800 138 3944
The Pension Protection Fund Toggle accordion
The Pension Protection Fund was set up by the Government to protect people with a defined benefit pension when an employer becomes insolvent.
Telephone: 0345 600 2541
Textphone: 0845 600 2542
The Financial Assistance Scheme Toggle accordion
The Financial Assistance Scheme was set up to protect members who have defined benefit pension schemes.
The Fraud Compensation Fund Toggle accordion
The Fraud Compensation Fund can help if a workplace pension scheme has suffered a loss due to dishonesty.
The Pensions Regulator Toggle accordion
The Pensions Regulator for information on how the pensions industry is regulated and information on automatic enrolment.
The Pension Service Toggle accordion
The Pension Service for information about State Retirement Pension including eligibility, claims, payments and complaints
Pension Tracing Service Toggle accordion
Pension Tracing Service for help with finding a lost pension.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Toggle accordion
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) oversees the conduct of individuals and companies who provide financial services. If you want financial advice, your financial adviser should be authorised by the FCA.
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme Toggle accordion
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme protects customers of financial services firms that have failed and can’t pay claims against it. FSCS can step in to pay compensation.
Citizens Advice Toggle accordion
Citizens Advice offers free confidential advice online, over the phone and in person on a range of subjects including benefits, debt and money and consumer issues.
Citizens Advice consumer helpline: 0808 223 1133
Textphone: 18001 0808 223 1133
Other Ombudsman services Toggle accordion
The Financial Ombudsman Service deals with complaints about sales and marketing (including mis-selling) of pensions and other financial products.
The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman makes final decisions on complaints that have not been resolved by the NHS in England and UK government departments and other public organisations. Helpline: 0345 015 4033
Ombudsman Association lists other Ombudsman organisations.
Enforcing or appealing our determinations Toggle accordion
- The Handbook for Litigants in Person: www.judiciary.gov.uk
- The Chancery Guide: www.justice.gov.uk
- In England and Wales: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-courts-and-tribunals-service
- In Scotland: www.scotland-judiciary.org.uk/16/0/Court-Structure
- In Northern Ireland: www.courtsni.gov.uk
Unhappy with our service?
If you have some feedback on how we could improve our service or think something may have gone wrong, please contact us.
You can start by contacting the person you are dealing with or you can contact us at:
We hope that we will be able to resolve the complaint but if you are still dissatisfied after we have looked into it, you might be able to refer it to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.