There are a lot of things we can deal with, but please remember that we can’t help with enquiries about:

  • State pensions
  • tracing a lost pension
  • sales or marketing (mis-selling) of pensions
  • the type of benefits your pension scheme offers
  • a decision made by a tribunal, court or another ombudsman.

Go to useful contacts to find other organisations that may be able to help.

Before you contact us you need to complain to whoever you think is at fault and give them a chance to put things right. You should telephone or write a letter explaining clearly what you think has gone wrong.

Early Resolution

If you need help approaching the parties you consider at fault in your complaint, with your scheme’s formal Internal Dispute Resolution (IDRP) procedure, or just to discuss a potential complaint with a member of the team you can use our helpline service by:

Phone: 0800 917 4487 and select option 1


For information and advice on what we do and how we can help contact us from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm by:

Phone: 0800 917 4487 and select option 2



You can write to us at:

The Pensions Ombudsman
11 Belgrave Road