NHS Pension Scheme (CAS-29847-X2X0)
2) NHS Business Services Authority
Mr R’s complaint against
Mr R’s complaint is that:
- NHS BSA incorrectly refused to pay death in service benefits from the Scheme for his late wife, Mrs R, on the grounds that she was a contractor working for the Trust’s casual worker arrangement (the Bank), not an employee, and therefore, not eligible to join the Scheme.
- The Trust and NHS BSA misled Mrs R because the Trust required her to change her status from contractor to Bank employee in order to comply with amended tax regulations (IR35), admitted her to the Scheme, but then reversed their decision after she died.
- The Trust and NHS BSA caused great distress to him and his family in their handling of his complaint.
- Complainant: Mr M N and Mr T NRespondent: Teachers' PensionsOutcome: Partly upheldComplaint Topic: Death benefitsRef: CAS-32059-B1M3Date:
- Complainant: Mrs DRespondent: The Trustee of the Medusa Pension SchemeOutcome: UpheldComplaint Topic: Death benefitsRef: CAS-32331-Q1P4Date: