Curtis Banks SIPP (PO-26512)
Mr E’s complaint against Curtis Banks is partly upheld. To put matters right, Curtis Banks shall follow the directions set out in paragraphs 40 and 41 below.
Mr E complains that Curtis Banks delayed his in specie transfer and he is unhappy with the service he received during that time. He argues that there were delays with the following:
· issuing documentation;
· contacting him about an outstanding invoice;
· responding to his correspondence; and
· processing a VAT reclaim.
- Complainant: Mr HRespondent: Trustees of the Cassidian UK Pension PlanOutcome: Not upheldComplaint Topic: OtherRef: PO-26556Date:
- Complainant: Mr SRespondent: Teachers' PensionsOutcome: Partly upheldComplaint Topic: OtherRef: PO-26586Date: