MMC UK Pension Fund (PO-27659)
Mr Y’s complaint against the Trustee is partly upheld. To put matters right for the part that is upheld, the Trustee shall award Mr Y £2,000 for the severe non-financial injustice which he has suffered while dealing with this matter.
Mr Y has complained that the Trustee informed him repeatedly over a number of years that he was entitled to a deferred pension in the Fund despite the benefit having been transferred to the Bankside Underwriting Agencies Pension Scheme (the Bankside Scheme) on 1 November 1985. He contends that he had relied upon the incorrect information from the Trustee to his considerable financial detriment by:
· applying unnecessarily for enhanced protection in 2006, the result of which was that he could no longer pay contributions into his other pension arrangements and benefit from tax relief/potential investment growth on them;
· reducing his working hours in 2006 and thus experiencing a subsequent loss of earnings; and
· deciding not to seek another lucrative job after being made redundant in late 2009.
- Complainant: Mr NRespondent: Scottish Public Pensions Agency (SPPA)Outcome: Partly upheldTopic: Misquote/misinformationRef: CAS-38375-F4Q9Date:
- Complainant: Mr ERespondent: TUI Group UK Trustee Limited (the Trustee)
TUI UK Limited (the Employer)Outcome: Not upheldTopic: Misquote/misinformationRef: PO-21487Date: