Anglian Water Group Pension Scheme (PO-13671)
Anglian Water Services Limited
The complaint is not upheld because it is my opinion that:-
· The Brewster judgment does not assist Ms R with her complaint against the Trustees and AWS.
· AWS followed the correct principles in taking a decision when considering the Trustees’ request to make an additional payment into the Scheme so that a dependant’s pension could be awarded to Ms R. Its decision to decline the request was therefore made correctly and within the bounds of reasonableness.
Ms R has complained that:-
· The Trustees and AWS wrongly refused to reconsider her claim for a dependent’s pension in the Scheme following the judgment of the Supreme Court in the matter of an application by Denise Brewster for Judicial Review (Northern Ireland)  UKSC 8 (the Brewster judgment).
· AWS also improperly decided not to make a discretionary payment into the Scheme, as requested by the Trustees, and failed to direct them to grant her a dependant’s pension in the Scheme.
- Westminster Press Pension Scheme (CAS-35290-R6P0)Complainant: Ms RRespondent: Legal & General Assurance SocietyOutcome: Not upheldComplaint Topic: Death benefitsRef: CAS-35290-R6P0Date:
- BAE Systems Pension Scheme (CAS-33806-S3Q4)Complainant: Mr IRespondent: BAE Systems Pension Funds Trustees LimitedOutcome: Not upheldComplaint Topic: Death benefitsRef: CAS-33806-S3Q4Date: