Police Pension Scheme (PO-2301)
Mr Lightfoot has made a number of complaints about the way WYPA handled his injury benefit. He says that WYPA:
- acted outside of the law;
- made intimidating and misleading statements;
- failed to exercise proper care in carrying out procedures and acting unfairly;
- misused highly confidential financial information contained within his GP’s medical file;
- placed his GP’s medical file with an insurance company and failed to return this to his GP after use;
- withheld the repayment of his pension for an excessive period;
- invaded his privacy by obtaining information on the purchase price of his home;
- failed to heed the request of his solicitor not to correspond with him direct.
Summary of the Ombudsman’s determination and reasons
The complaint should be not be upheld against WYPA as they have already reinstated Mr Lightfoot’s injury benefit and offered compensation for any distress and inconvenience caused.
- NHS Pension Scheme (PO-18811)Complainant: Dr NRespondent: NHS Business Services Authority
Primary Care Support EnglandOutcome: UpheldComplaint Topic: AdministrationRef: PO-18811Date:
- Scottish Teachers' Pension Scheme 2015 (CAS-46795-Y3P2)Complainant: Mrs ERespondent: SPPA PolicyOutcome: Not upheldComplaint Topic: AdministrationRef: CAS-46795-Y3P2Date: