Police Pension Scheme (PO-2705)
2. West Yorkshire Police Fund
Ms McLoughlin’s complaints against WYPA, (now known as the Police and Crime Commissioner for West Yorkshire), and WYPF are about:
- the delay in considering her claim for injury benefit from 2004;
- the level of injury benefit that she was awarded pre 2007;
- negligence in not reviewing her injury benefit for approximately 20 years following her original benefit award in 1984;
- the offsetting of her Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, (IIDB), against her last injury benefit award.
Summary of the Ombudsman’s determination and reasons
The complaint should be partly upheld only in relation to WYPA’s delay in reviewing her injury benefit award.
- Northern Ireland Police Injury Benefit Scheme (PO-27681)Complainant: Mr RRespondent: Northern Ireland Policing BoardOutcome: Not upheldComplaint Topic: Injury benefitRef: PO-27681Date:
- NHS Injury Benefit Scheme (CAS-29915-R9Q0)Complainant: Ms YRespondent: NHS Business Services AuthorityOutcome: Not upheldComplaint Topic: Injury benefitRef: CAS-29915-R9Q0Date: