Land Rover Pension Scheme (PO-19569)
Mr R’s complaint concerns revaluation changes made by the Trustee. He considers that the Trustee cannot make such changes to benefits he has accrued without his consent, as these form part of his subsisting rights. He says that the amended method of revaluation which applies to his accrued benefits as an active member is less generous than that which applies to deferred members of the Scheme.
Summary of the Ombudsman’s Determination and reasons
The complaint is not upheld against the Trustee because:-
- An active member’s subsisting rights at the time of the 2017 Amendments did not include revaluation, on any particular basis, of a pension in deferment.
- The increases applying to Pre Career Average Revalued Earnings Benefits for pensionable service after the 2017 Amendments does not affect: a member’s right to receive a deferred pension in the event that that they opt out of pensionable service; the rate of revaluation of that deferred pension; or the right to transfer out of the Scheme.
- Emerson UK Pension Plan (CAS-62941-W6P5)Complainant: Mr TRespondent: Emerson UK Trustees Limited
CapitaOutcome: Not upheldComplaint Topic: CPI: switch toRef: CAS-62941-W6P5Date:
- Thales UK Pension Scheme (TOPS section) (PO-16892)Complainant: Mr RRespondent: 1. Thales Pension Trustees Limited
2. Thales UK LimitedOutcome: UpheldComplaint Topic: CPI: switch toRef: PO-16892Date: