NHS Pension Scheme (PO-27320)
Dr I’s complaint against NHS BSA is partly upheld, but there is a part of the complaint I do not agree with. To put matters right, for the part that is upheld, NHS BSA shall pay £1,000 in recognition of the serious distress and inconvenience its error has caused him.
Dr I has complained that:-
· NHS BSA originally confirmed he could purchase 6 years 29 days of Added Years, which he borrowed £56,498.55 to pay for, but NHS BSA has now told him he was only allowed to purchase 1 year 262 days.
· He is losing the benefit of Added Years he had already purchased.
· NHS BSA should have known in 2016 that he could not purchase the 6 years 29 days of Added Years.
· In 2012, he made the decision to leave the 1995 Section of the Scheme (the 1995 Section), but this was based on misinformation from NHS BSA.
- Complainant: Mr TRespondent: Lancashire Fire and Rescue ServiceOutcome: UpheldComplaint Topic: MembershipRef: PO-22474Date:
The New Firefighters' Pension Scheme (Wales) 2007 (modified section for retained firefighters) (the Modified Scheme) (PO-18920)Complainant: Mr SRespondent: North Wales Fire & Rescue ServiceOutcome: UpheldComplaint Topic: MembershipRef: PO-18920Date: