NHS Pension Scheme (PO-27320)
Dr I’s complaint against NHS BSA is partly upheld, but there is a part of the complaint I do not agree with. To put matters right, for the part that is upheld, NHS BSA shall pay £1,000 in recognition of the serious distress and inconvenience its error has caused him.
Dr I has complained that:-
· NHS BSA originally confirmed he could purchase 6 years 29 days of Added Years, which he borrowed £56,498.55 to pay for, but NHS BSA has now told him he was only allowed to purchase 1 year 262 days.
· He is losing the benefit of Added Years he had already purchased.
· NHS BSA should have known in 2016 that he could not purchase the 6 years 29 days of Added Years.
· In 2012, he made the decision to leave the 1995 Section of the Scheme (the 1995 Section), but this was based on misinformation from NHS BSA.
The New Firefighters' Pension Scheme (Wales) 2007 (modified section for retained firefighters) (the Modified Scheme) (PO-18920)Complainant: Mr SRespondent: North Wales Fire & Rescue ServiceOutcome: UpheldComplaint Topic: MembershipRef: PO-18920Date:
- Complainant: Mr IRespondent: Standard Life Assurance LimitedOutcome: Not upheldComplaint Topic: MembershipRef: CAS-31661-B1C8Date: