Local Government Pension Scheme (CAS-36970-Y1Z9)
I do not uphold Mrs Y’s complaint and no further action is required by MPF or the Council.
Mrs Y’s complaint concerns her flexible retirement from the Scheme. She said that she was misinformed when choosing this option and was not provided with a benefit quotation before her retirement.
Mrs Y has raised a number of additional concerns relating to the calculation and payment of her benefits. She said that:-
· MPF and the Council held incorrect information relating to her, including an incorrect pension start date and an incorrect history of her worked hours.
· MPF cashed in her additional voluntary contributions (AVCs) without her consent.
· Her benefits were paid late by MPF. She had to wait for over a month before her lump sum was paid and her pension payments commenced.
· There were lengthy delays in completing the Scheme’s Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure (IDRP).
· Her pension records at the Council had been deleted.
· Two communications that MPF sent to her stated her as being dead.
Mrs Y would like MPF to reverse her flexible retirement with no financial loss to her. She would also like financial redress, having spent almost two years of effort trying to resolve the problems.
- Scottish Housing Association Pension Scheme (CAS-45090-P0H5)Complainant: Mrs NRespondent: TPT Retirement SolutionsOutcome: Not upheldComplaint Topic: Misquote/misinformationRef: CAS-45090-P0H5Date:
- Heinz UK Pension Plan (CAS-30236-C6J9)Complainant: Mr ERespondent: The Trustee of Heinz UK Pension Plan
CapitaOutcome: Not upheldComplaint Topic: Misquote/misinformationRef: CAS-30236-C6J9Date: