Teachers' Pension Scheme (CAS-41640-P6C2)
I do not uphold Mrs R’s complaint and no further action is required by TP .
Mrs R has complained that:
· She was not informed that her pension would be subject to a salary restriction before she made the decision to retire.
· She has had to return to work as she received a lower pension than had been estimated.
· Her pension has been calculated based on incorrect service dates, meaning her pension is lower than it should be.
· That, as a “transition member”, having moved from the final salary section to the career average section of the Scheme, she should benefit from the salary link, which should have enabled her to benefit from any growth in her salary up to retirement.
· TP misled her regarding the possibility of the employer buying extra benefits where the member’s pension was to be restricted, thus falsely raising her hopes of being able to increase her pension to compensate for the salary restriction.
· Mrs R also complains of a general poor service and errors made by TP during the retirement process which caused her distress and inconvenience.
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme (PO-22088)Complainant: Mrs YRespondent: Teachers' PensionsOutcome: Partly upheldComplaint Topic: Benefits: refusal/failure to pay or late paymentRef: PO-22088Date:
- The Carillion Public Sector Pension Scheme (CAS-43906-F2C2)Complainant: Mr YRespondent: Independent Trustee Services LimitedOutcome: Not upheldComplaint Topic: Benefits: refusal/failure to pay or late paymentRef: CAS-43906-F2C2Date: