The New Firefighters’ Pension Scheme (modified section for retained firefighters) (CAS-72510-R0F4)
I do not uphold Mr S’ complaint and no further action is required by HFRS.
Mr S’ complaint concerns the administration of his membership of the Modified Scheme. He says:-
- He never received an adequate explanation of the calculation of the amount deducted from his retirement lump sum in respect of his backdated membership of the Modified Scheme. He was also misinformed in relation to the cost of the backdating.
- He had encountered delays when dealing with HFRS and had received no acknowledgement of his communications. It had only responded when he threatened to raise a complaint.
- He had received no apology from HFRS for its maladministration and had not been offered any redress for the distress and inconvenience it had caused him.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (CAS-58806-H1J6)Complainant: Miss DRespondent: London Borough of SuttonOutcome: Partly upheldComplaint Topic: Misquote/misinformationRef: CAS-58806-H1J6Date:
- NHS Pension Scheme (CAS-59217-F3W1)Complainant: Dr ARespondent: NHS Business Services AuthorityOutcome: Not upheldComplaint Topic: Misquote/misinformationRef: CAS-59217-F3W1Date: