Skip to main content

Complaints about personal and occupational pensions

You can use this service to:

  • make a complaint about an occupational or private pension
  • make a complaint on behalf of someone else about an occupational or private pension, if you have the appropriate legal authority.

You can use this service if you are:

  • a member of a scheme or think you should be
  • a beneficiary - entitled to benefits from someone else’s pension scheme, for example, following a divorce or the death of a member
  • an employer participating in a scheme
  • a trustee or manager of a scheme.

If you are a sole trustee and want to ask a question, please contact

Before you start

Please ensure you have:

  • details of your complaint, including when it happened and when you became aware of the issue
  • your supporting documentation, including your initial complaint and any responses you have received
  • the name, address and contact number of the parties you believe are at fault.
Warning You will not be able to save your progress and return to it at a later time. Please ensure you have the required information above before you start.

Completing the form usually takes about 15 minutes


Other ways to apply

You can request an application form by emailing